Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the moms out there that I know and especially my mom and my grandma. I hope that you all had wonderful days.

We had a busy day of ball hockey with the kids and the kids wished me a happy Mother's Day but DH never even got me a card. I'm still very upset about that. I know that I told him that I didn't want anything but a $1.00 card wasn't too much to ask for. Anyways, it wasn't a great day but at least I spent it with the kids.

Mr. Man (Kyle) is cruising along in his crawling like he's been doing it for months. He pulls himself up on anything that he thinks that he can and he now has started to walk along the couch. Oh, and he thinks that he's cool now and he lets go when he stands up. Of course, this has resulted in some short stoppages of my heart because I'm waiting for him to fall and bang his head. He has no fear that's for sure. He also is so hard when he's getting his bum changed or getting dressed at any time. He wants to be on the go and tries to crawl, roll, turn away from me or he will put his arms down and push at my hands while I'm trying to get his diaper on. It is rather cute at times but when I'm in a hurry, it can get quite frustrating.

He has his 9mth check up tomorrow, although he is only 8 1/2 mths. He will be 9 mths on the 25th but the Dr. is away for 2 weeks during that time, so, the receptionist gave us an earlier appt. If not, it would have been much later in June. So, tomorrow we will find out how much he weighs, if he's doing well and all that good stuff. Thankfully, no needles for Mr. Man tomorrow, not until his 12 mth appt.

Wow, 9 mths old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. In 3 short months, he will be the Big #1 yr old and I will be going back to work. Totally, not looking forward to that. I'm going to miss him so very very much. It's going to be extremely hard to leave him, that's for sure.

We will be leaving for Nfld on July 2 and returning around the 15th. We will get in touch with Wee Watch and other caregivers upon our return to get something in motion for his daycare when I return to work. We really don't need anyone until at least November, but I would like to get everything set up before I go back.

Take care everyone and will try to update more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment