Kyle had his 9 mth check-up yesterday with the pedi, although he won't be 9 mths until the 25th.
Little man is growing like a weed and he now weighs 23lbs and measures 78 cms long. Dr. said that he's looking really good and said that he's quite advanced for his age. He also gave us the OK to introduce real milk to Kyle. We are to finish off the formula that he has left and start with homogenized milk and he thinks that everything should be ok. If not, we are to call him and let him know. Also, Mr. Man is now allowed to have eggs (yolk to start, whites later) and fish. Tried him with some scrambled egg yolks last night and he absolutely LOVED it!!! He couldn't get them in his mouth quick enough. It was cute. Tried some tuna, but he was not crazy about it. I'm sure that he'd be ok with some white fish, like Halibut and stuff, but we don't eat much fish around here. Maybe when we go home this summer, we will try some there.
I am looking forward to getting rid of the formula and hoping that the real milk is not a problem. Saves alot of money and time. I know that alot of experts say that it should be 1 yr before they start on real milk but I trust our pedi and that he knows what is best.
Mom will be here in 4 short days - looking forward to seeing her and I'm sure that she is excited to see the babies (Marco, my sister's little guy). Marco is getting baptized on May 30th, Mom and Dad will both be here for that and I'm his Godmother, should be a fun day. Terri is having a small b-day party on the 23rd for Mom's 65th b-day and inviting a few people that Mom knows, so, hopefully it will be a fun day for her.
This weekend is the May long weekend and it looks to be a bit of a bust, weather wise anyhow. Today (Friday) looks to be the nicest of the days with tomorrow being a rainy one and Sunday being quite cool at only about 11 degrees. Tim's brother and family are going camping , so, it will be pretty cool for them. I'm not a camping person unless it's with a moving motorhome or something. LOL! We are not doing anything this weekend as Tim is working night shift all weekend. We actually have to finish Steph's room and get her back in there.
Anyways, only a few short months and I'll be going back to work. Not looking forward to it but unfortunately, not much we can do. Still have no settlement from the insurance on the truck and it still hasn't been found. It will be 3o days on Sunday that it's been missing, so, I would think that the insurance will do something not before Tuesday (Monday is the holiday). Then we have to take more time to actually find something else. I absolutely LOATHE car shopping and I'm not looking forward to it.
Take care and have a great long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment